rachel, unravelling

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

waiting for wunderland

It always comes back to me whenever I'm travelling down that stretch of highway at night in a cab, where the familiarity of those happier days remain a distant memory I'm trying to reach out for. Music spills softly out of the speakers and the bright lights of the cars and the muted glow of the streetlamps illuminate an otherwise dark night. I am sunk into the seat gazing out at nothing but in my mind contemplating a world which now seems surreal. I am tired and cabbing home so I can get back faster, but then I want the journey to last a little longer so I can hold on to these moments for a bit more. Leaving is the most difficult bit, but ironically I find myself wanting to come back to where it all left off.

And I hope that one day my very own White Rabbit will come along, I'll fall into a rabbit hole and end up in my idea of Wonderland, a la Miz Alice but only better.

rachel at 10:41 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment