rachel, unravelling

Monday, June 27, 2005

what's up buttercup

Dinner at Corduroy & Finch's tonight was surprisingly pleasant. The company, the food, the ambience, everything. I did read about the crowd and the sub-par service there but today being Monday is definitely a good day to go. Service was exceedingly good and no they did not lose my order, nor serve my dessert before my main course, nor take slightly under an hour to deliver my food. The place reminds me of someplace like Pastis, or something you'd find in Manhattan. I love the deli/eatery/shop concept, all that gourmet food and the floor to ceiling shelves of drinks, wines and cans. The cosy chic decor and the warm muted lights=romantic. And then there was the food. I must rave about my lemon tart, cute little piece of perfection it is. Plus the tap in the washroom, it's totally unique as well. *lol*

On the flipside, good times just have to end so fast. So many things to say, like certain hilarous moments worth mentioning, nagging conundrums and recent musings made. Things that I just wanna share with someone because they've either stuck in my mind, or had an impact on me, or was a you-can't-miss-this kinda thing. What a rush, but definitely worth it. And it doesn't matter if it lasted just below two hours, it made my day simply by being meaningful. I am snug as a bud and lighthearted, a great way to close an otherwise hectic day.

rachel at 10:59 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment