rachel, unravelling

Friday, July 15, 2005

it's never about the rainbows + butterflies

I need days like this more often. At least I got to eat some good food. And then, just got back from a wunnerful evening out with the Fly, had dinner at Adam Road and Island Creamery's Baked Alaska. Mmm hmm! I actually wanted to order ice-cream also but the weather was already so cold, plus he gave me that look. :/ Then there was the familiar long bus ride home, just like the old days that I really miss. It's for moments like these that I look forward to every week but we're so busy and I can't wait for ndp to be over. :(

Gulp, it's approximately a week till school starts. I'm actually comfortably settled into a nice routine right now and I'm not keen on uprooting again because it's just so emotionally exhausting. I regret not doing most of the things that I set out to do initially before the hols started, when things held so much promise. 8 glorious months of holiday, no less. Even though I think I lost myself somewhere along the way, I'm picking up the pieces now and things are looking up. Though 4 more years of school does seem like a drag. Poof. I don't know what I'd do without having friends close by, and my family that has turned out to be so amazing of late, but maybe because I never realised that in the first place. I have so much to be happy about and I didn't even know it. Oh the guilt, but I'm making up for lost time by being less self-absorbed, more responsible and helpful around the house.

I am hungry again, I want pancakes, waffles and teh tarik ice-cream but I think the only plausible option would be cereal and shortbread. Brrr I love the cold weather only when I'm at home and keeping toasty. Definitely going to settle down with a book tonight. And speaking of books, I'm so glad the book blog is finally up. :)

rachel at 10:45 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment