rachel, unravelling

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

the wasteland

It rained so so much today I got cranky after awhile. Dressed up + stepped out with the intention of hitting town before my music class, but when I saw the grey skies and wet pavement I walked home and lazed around till about lunch. It looked better then, but only for awhile. I changed my mind and decided to go to Holland V, one of my fave fave places to be. It poooured and the good thing about that is, Gelare was nearly empty. Free of noisy students! Well I was the only customer inside at one point. Glorious! Best seat in the house, watching MTV, happily chowing down waffles and ice-cream. Then I traipsed down to the other side of Holland V, to Chip Bee Gardens. Destination: Da Paolo's Gastronomia. Mmm. That place is a gourmet lover's heaven or even anyone looking for a good quality meal that's easy to prepare. Neatly stacked packs of cookies, finger food, boxes of different kinds of ready-made-and-to-go cakes/desserts, sauces, salads, breads, pizzas and home-made pasta. Mmm. I ended up with a box of their gorgeous chocolate-covered profiteroles with white rosettes that are sitting pretty in my fridge. By the time I got home the chocolate was starting to melt and the rosettes were losing their pretty flower shapes. And I was feeling icky from it raining so badly and ruining my shoes. Exhausted, really. I hate it when people take advantage of your free time and think it's okay to make you run around and do all kinds of things, and ask pointless questions. So I'm kinda short-circuited at the moment and that's just blah. Must remember to matriculate tomorrow.

Edit: Gorgeous chocolate-covered profiteroles are filled with Valrhona chocolate. Oh yummers. And the pastry is just so fine. I will be good and eat one for now. Heaven can wait. Fly called too. Tired as I am I think I feel better already and am starting to think happy thoughts.

rachel at 10:14 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment