rachel, unravelling

Sunday, August 14, 2005

deja moi

It's been a long weekend and I'm utterly spent, and totally dreading Monday, what with it being a long day. Plus I have to haul more stuff to my hall room. Speaking of which, I moved in today, with the help of the parentals. While I firmly believe I can manage fine on my own, it's surprising how things are so much better with them around. My new roomate's here, my things are halfway in there, the parentals helped to re-clean the dusty-again room and everything will be fully in on Tuesday so I can finally spend the night there. And after that, will invite people to visit and crash. Company would be great. :)

Friday night was going for the Paparazzi production, which I thought was well-done and professional, though the third play, an Albee one, was quite abstract and deep and I was quite confused. Or perhaps, I was stark raving hungry. Had supper with some OG mates at Newton hawker centre, which is overrated and overrpriced, and left me feeling bloated/burpy/insomniacal. I didn't sleep till like 3am. Geez. And miraculously, on Saturday...

I woke up at 8am. For tuition at 10. Managed, amazingly, to ramble on [and make sense] for 2 hours on the Cold War. Then it was a quick pit-stop home for lunch, and to buy lunch for my brother, before going out again for my usual tuition. After that I dragged myself to Ikea, no thanks to someone who was sleeping and decided not to go with me in the end. It was so effing crowded, full of noisy kids running around recklessly and well, it was just one haphazard claustrophobic mess. I just don't deal well with crowds/having my personal space violated/loud noise! So I ended up not getting to browse much, but I still love that place cuz of all the kitschy stuff they have, and got what I wanted eventually. Bedlinens are my new obsession, right after cooking utensils.

In their EPL opening game, Man U was splendid. Great for restoring confidence in them what with last season's disappointments. It's a more...complete team right now and I foresee more Saturday nights on the couch. Really. Much as I like going to town and generally having fun shopping, dining, watching movies, somehow it just feels better plonking myself down on the couch with juice and ice-cream and analysing soccer matches with my dad-very um, mellow.

So today was crazy busy as usual, I shouldn't have stayed up late to finish this greaat book, 'Shrimp' by Rachel Cohn. It's the sequel to 'Gingerbread', which I read in like, Sec 4. So this makes me too old to be reading 'Shrimp', but I just had to know whether CC got back together with Shrimp. And the book is kickass.

''Maybe you ought to worrying so much about some idea called true love, and think harder about the simple, plain reality of what love you have in you to give, and receive in turn. Love that's about the person - the real person, that lost soul boy whose future plans are vaguer than yours, the one too scared to admit how much he needs you because maybe he's afraid of losing you again - and not about some romanticized notion of who you thought that person was. Think about whether you have gotten to know this person well enough this time around to have earned the right to call it love."

"There was nothing to do now but look ahead, because you can't force good times to come back, I suppose. Things change. People change. True love maybe can just fade away."

I'm like, weary right now and have thrown all romantic notions out of the window. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in some kinda crisis. But really, love is so overrated. It's faaar from peachiness so I've accepted that shit happens and that makes things easier to bear. It's so much better to not have expectations and to take things as they come so there is less emotional baggage. Anyway I'm like only 19 I shouldn't even think so much about love, that is not to say I should be thinking of lust, hahaha.

Packing to do. Please somebody splurge on eye-cream for me? I think I might start using anti-aging eye cream soon at the rate I'm going.

rachel at 10:30 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment