rachel, unravelling

Friday, August 05, 2005

deux

Time is relative. A given length of time can seem short or long depending on what went on then. Time in secondary school/JC flies very fast, for example. Relationships are different, I guess. For example, spending two years in JC is so different from being in a relationship for that same length of time. The former seems short, compared to the latter. Really. It must be because youth is a time of flightiness, uncertainty, and exploration. Whereas we have no choice but to go to school, we have complete freedom when it comes to relationships. People put so much effort and emotion into them, it's no wonder that even two years seems so looong. And then I think how, over time, I have changed. I feel like I have lived so many different lives. They have their own distinct flavour, and although certain experiences occured not too long ago, it just feels like it occured in another lifetime.

Cough feels a bit better, and this morning I bummed around doing absolutely nothing but more reading [Lucky Shopping Manual]. I cooked unagi for lunch, and it's really simple and delicious, plus I also made an onion mushroom omelette that smells so good when frying in the wok! And of course, tasted fab after. I love onions, even though they make my hands stink lots despite washing with soap. Weekend again, lots of shopping tomorrow, sales again and being with my lovely family. I am absolutely knackered tonight, but glad for everything that I have. I know I have nothing to worry about. That I am safe, loved, cared for, and thought of. Nothing beats that. :)

rachel at 11:21 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment