rachel, unravelling

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

hooked up in hall 8

Darlings, here I am, at last, spending my maiden night in hall. Yes, that's Hall 8 second floor of some block, the room right next to the stairs. It looks a bit drab right now but everything's clean. I was so surprised that there was hot water in the shower, and it was clean. No bugs of any sort. I lugged so many bags here today, on top of my usual tote bag, there was a laptop bag, another tote bag and 2 other big heavy plastic bags. I looked like a mad bag lady, and it was a feat walking up all the stairs to get to my room. *lol* For some reason I'm feeling really sleepy, a bad sign because I've got to think of what to say during the tutorial presentation tomorrow. And I need to do readings, bad. But ever since I got back here I just wanna crawl into bed. Bed with mismatched but lovely bedlinen. I'm not used to a room this bare and quiet, though it's noisy downstairs. And why's it so darn warm tonight! I thought it was supposed to be cold here or something. OK, right now I think I just do not know what to do with myself.

I think it's important not to bare too much of your soul to a person. Or tell them everything about what you think, or share too much of yourself with them. There'd be no more sense of mystery otherwise, and you'd feel somewhat empty. And people's perceptions can change. But sometimes, you really want to get to know someone, and you want that person to know you too.

Oh bugger I'm all about aching knees and shoulders and a somewhat ponderous heart. What could have been, what should have been, what would have been, if only I.

rachel at 10:01 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment