rachel, unravelling

Sunday, August 21, 2005

weekend warriors

Friday was a blast, I haven't had so much fun in ages! Destination tai-tai dom sometime in this lifetime please? I went shopping in the morning, excuse to my dad was, being holed up in the hills/bowels of the west for too long makes one cranky and deprives one of pleasurable things. So, with much self-restraint later I emerged with a new pair of abercrombie shorts. Lunched again at Dome, cuz I'd a major craving for the pecan pie. It's so relaxing going shopping solo at a leisurely pace, and it makes me feel swell! They don't call it retail therapy for nothing cuz it works wonders on me, da prime example. C:

Evening was spent with the gals from Crescent. Although our lives have gone off on tangents and we are so different, I'm glad we still meet up with one another. We walked along Clarke Quay for ages before settling down on a Japanese place. [I now truly am sick of it!] Then we headed to Gotham Penthouse for some good clean (?) fun (!). Despite OD'ing on the rum and vodka [the word free flow just goes to show how I can be so typically Singaporean] I'd a fab time. Got some dutch courage from the drinks, and Minli Kuanie and I were the first on the dancefloor, casting aside initial apprehension. I was terribly amused by people dancing and smoking with a flourish. :P

Losing one's inhibitions is a wonderful feeling. So's liberation. I don't think I've let my hair down like this in such a long while. What comes after wasn't that good though! On the way home the cabdriver gave me a looong lecture about going overboard when drinking after seeing my red face and learning that I'm only 19. He was damn nice in a fatherly way about the whole thing at least, but all that talking made me feel like puking. Somewhere in the night I lost one half of my favourite pair of earrings. I'm damn upset. I was completely shammered in a way I've never been before, cuz of the pounding headache that kept me up and cursing. But the most amazing thing?

I wake up fricking early, we're talking 7 plus here, less than 6 hours of sleep, and I don't have a hangover. I feel perfectly normal. Wtf?

2 rounds of tuition wore me out, so I stayed in again with the parentals. And was glued to the man utd-aston villa match. That J.S. Park not bad eh! Got standard, and nearly scored. It seems like the current team is running high on confidence, which is good for the fans. Somehow, I can't wait for tomorrow's clash between the teams who shan't be named, even when I'm not a fan.

Mom made me bake a cake for my aunt, as a way of saying thanks for everything that she's done for me. I don't think that my gratitude can be expressed enough, though. Ended up baking 2 american carrot cakes, one's for us to keep. It's spongy and sweet, I'm so pleased! I was so worried that it'd be a flop cuz it's my first time baking this.

Anyways, enjoy these random pics, btw the camera date is screwed up.


Rachel in a margherita: At Tango's ages ago, with my kinda drink

Bakerzin's coupe cheesecake, divine!

I have a thing for boats, sailing and the sea, though this is only the Singapore river. =P

My changmoh chum Mel!

Lastly, with Minli at Gotham.





rachel at 12:10 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment