rachel, unravelling

Thursday, August 11, 2005

winter just isn't my season

My new favourite bad habit is going back to bed after getting up. This could be after brushing my teeth or after having brekkie, but w/e, it feels damn good. I wish I didn't feel so guilty though, from daydreaming/staring into space or plain getting more shut-eye. After whiling the whole morning away, I made lunch for the brother and I! It seemed more like a big brekkie, but only because our instant noodles weren't substantial. I whipped up a mushroom onion omelette and pork sausages. Yummy! Our freezer is stuffed with goodies from the Swiss Butchery and the pork chops are especially divine. So, cooking hasn't been a hassle at all. And I ended up doing the cleaning after that, which made me late in meeting my tutorial group.

Cuz I had to feed my literary cravings, I stopped by the library after school today, two new novels to devour and already I'm hooked. When I was younger I read far more than this, and I didn't spend much time reading so many magazines. I've got a super long book list now, aside from the already growing pile of readings for school. :/ I used to always carry a storybook with me wherever I went, just in case I got bored of whatever and didn't want to waste my time. I could spend hours reading, and back in those days my favourite place in the mall was the bookstore. Amazing right! And then I grew up and there were...diversions.

I realise I am quite the go-getter. I am proactive about getting what I want. Now that is good in a sense, because I'm not mucking about in misery thinking everything is the shits and hopeless. But then it's bad because there is great potential for screwing up. Anyhows I don't think I've paid much attention to the latter, in the greater scheme of things. It's, what Mel terms, the mini version of leaping into bed with a guy, pardon the horribly graphic image there.

Anyway I'm hungry again and I want supper after which I'm not going to feel like going to bed. Then I'm going to wake up really late, with eyebags and get pissed with myself for not sleeping early. Then I won't feel like doing anything productive cuz I'm lethargic. Yup it's a vicious circle.

rachel at 11:03 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment