rachel, unravelling

Friday, September 02, 2005

full of tired excuses

After subsisting on five hours or less sleep last night and traipsing from one end of the island to the other, I am utterly spent. Last night's supper was prata goodness, catching up with the og, climbing over the fricking gate to get back into school cuz it was locked, embarrassing myself in the process and walking all the waaay back to hall. But it was fun, and I think I should go out for suppers more often. I love the way the roads are empty at night with the occasional solitary car passing by, temporarily breaking the still of the night with a whoosh.

I woke up this morning thinking of cancelling tuition cuz I really needed my shut-eye...but in the end dragged myself out of bed to shower even though I was late, then cabbed down there and reached 15 minutes late. I'm glad the community project is gonna be over on Saturday so I can have more time to do other things and not have to travel all the way down to the east again. Though I must say being involved in this has been an enjoyable learning process. Finally, after 5 tiring hours, we left the place and cabbed to City Hall.

Now, you know what that means. Being secluded in the west for a good part of the week just makes me harken for the city more. I could see the stark contrast while travelling back from the city to the heartland - drastic change of landscape. I miss towning! And of course I was like some crazy chick let loose in Bergdorf's for the first time. I tried on a fair bit of clothes but in the end pared down to two off-shoulder tops from Mango and Mphosis. Then there was bruschetta for dinner at Menotti's where there wasn't much people watching to do but just sitting there thinking how lovely the city looks at night. I'm sounding awfully deprived, I know.

I want dessert.

rachel at 12:02 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment