rachel, unravelling

Sunday, September 11, 2005

in retrospect

Term break is finally here and 7 weeks of freshman year have passed. It's been quite a trying time but one filled with oodles of fun, hiccups, bewilderment and epiphanies. Last weekend I remember desperately looking forward to this weekend, and now it's here and I'm back to my usual self. (: So the past week's been a mad rush of running to and fro but yet not wanting to do anything because it's gonna be the hols.

Highlights
-Last weekend we celebrated ben's birthday and said goodbye again to jess. blech. Then we ate out on my aunt's new patio, which is so gorgeous, the wooden floor beams, the antique lamps and the fact that you can sit outside and watch movies with a projector - very romantic.
-I passed my music exam! And the parentals treated me to Lei Garden yesterday. Yummy dim sum filled with my favourite uh, fillings, prawn and lobster, together with the usual fare and new stuff like quail's soup. And they've got the softest chewiest glutinous rice balls! Coated in crisp toasted peanuts and chockfull of sweet black sesame goodness.
-Ordering 2 new earrings, very unique and loverly finds! Plus a new long beaded necklace from Aliya that can be doubled up as a belt and styled in a variety of ways.
-Getting bonked in the behind. The cab I was in, that is. I still can't believe how, despite the slow traffic going into school, the car behind could still ram into the cab.
-Church food and fun fair today. The archbishop came and he sounds so much younger now. There were lotsa excited people who were clamouring to shake his hand, it got kinda amusing. Other than that, there was great spirit and good food.
-Got into social sub-comm, finally something I can be involved in for school.
-Kim Clijsters won the US Open.

Looking forward to a week of part work and part relaxation. Finally I can sink myself into reading that has nothing academic about it, eat food that has nothing to do with the ones in canteen, hang out in places more central than secluded, and have a room all to myself. *beams*

rachel at 10:36 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment