rachel, unravelling

Thursday, September 15, 2005

piece de resistance

I can heave a sigh of relief at last since the term paper is in its final stages. The bulk of it is out, I just need to do a fitting conclusion that eludes me at the moment, draw up the references and tweak the whole thing according to the APA format. I hope I can finish it by tomorrow since the weekend will be another busy one. Eh come to think of it I haven't had time to poke around my notes and readings at all.

Shopping in Orchard Road is getting dull again, maybe because there aren't new places to check out. I did go to the Hyatt fair but nothing caught my eye. With much guilt, I purchased a new pink pleated skirt from Mango. Guilt because it's pink [as are many other items in my wardrobe and other misc things I use on a daily basis], it's pleated [I have 2 other pleated skirts] and it's from Mango again [the fourth one I've got from there this year]. Generally, I tend to prefer variety, but this one screamed my name la, so it's hard to resist.

For lunch, as mentioned in the previous post, I headed to Upper Thomson to the charming and cosy Le P'tit Breton that is tucked away in a corner. They're famous for their authentic French cuisine, specifically that of the postcard perfect Brittany region - galettes and crepes. I had their crispy crepes with apples and chocolate sauce which is homemade and tastes so rich and sinful. It didn't help that I ordered a hot chocolate drink to go with my meal too. Double the sin, but maximum satisfaction. And so I stepped out into the hot sun, my wrap skirt threatening to pop, and dozed off contentedly on the bus, all the way home.

rachel at 11:47 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment