rachel, unravelling

Saturday, September 03, 2005

saturday swings

Huzzah! Lotsa good things to crow about this weekend. The earrings I ordered online arrived, and they're so pretty! And my computer? Well the motherboard died but my hard disk didn't, so my dad replaced the motherboard for me and ta-da it's working again. That means my songs, shows and writings are still intact. *phew* Last thing was doing the community project for CS111 for the majority of the day - haven't been this involved in a comm project before or done extensive work with kids so this was really a learning experience in which I feel enriched, though I think I coulda done better if I'd gotten more sleep last night and didn't flub my lines.

The day started off dark and early: set my alarm clock for 6.15am but apparently I was so shagged that I fell asleep without realising I actually had to wake up. Thankfully I received an sms from my brother at 6.45am [when I was supposed to leave!] asking if I was coming to pick him up and that woke me right up. I haven't gotten ready this quickly before and I was out in a record 15 minutes, all the while swearing in my head. That involves washing up, getting dressed, eating some brekkie, packing my bro's tennis kit and then running back cuz I forgot his shoes. But, as always I realise that I tend to stress myself out too much - got there on time and everything went rather smoothly.

I'm gonna catch up on sleep cuz I'm so jaded! What I realise about school is that there never is a dull moment. Once you're done with something major, like an assignment or a midterm, there is always something else to do. And I think it makes it all the more fulfilling because even though I'm busy quite a bit, I still do have pockets of time to myself so I don't really lose my marbles. :) I don't want to have such an easy ride in uni and not do anything purposeful, there's got to be more to it than just getting that degree.

Currently swooning over Jason Wade's voice in 'You Belong to Me'. Hello, stranger. ;)
I've got so much things to catch up on and I'm really looking forward to them. Right now it's England [my fave] vs Wales, woohoo.

rachel at 9:57 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment