rachel, unravelling

Sunday, October 16, 2005

i thought i'd live forever, but now i'm not so sure

This is why I love watching EPL, or football, for that matter, and it's not for the guys.

It's mainly to do with how it's so unpredictable and that's what makes it so exciting. A team costing 1/10 of what Chelsea does can beat a better than average team like Newcastle. The ref gets blur and gives a red card to a Blackburn dude who tackles a Liverpool player outside the box, not before checking with the linesman twice. Arsenal loses to West Brom. [wtf?] And some virtual unknown that subs van Nistelrooy in his premiership debut scores and gets taupoked by his teammates.

Awesome stuff. The last one, I mean. I couldn't quite care about any other team as much.

So this rounds off an otherwise relaxing and fun evening which I thought would be boring since I intended to stay at home and study. But dinner plans were too good to pass up and the family trooped off to my cousins' where we tucked into some seriously amazing takeaway fish head curry and chicken rice, and this coming from me of all people makes it really something.

I figured I do need to cut myself some slack especially after this hellish week which is thankfully over. The 101 assignment is dreadful and I'm trying to get it out of the way so I can do my project and readings but bleargh I'm not near finishing it. Whatever, really, I'm not gonna stress myself out anymore.

Think in the grand scheme of things, that's my new mantra.

rachel at 12:01 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment