rachel, unravelling

Sunday, November 27, 2005

keeling over

I have been out of sorts since I returned from my trip, first it was the aching leg muscles and back [too much shopping, overloaded backpack?] then the migraines and then the fluctuating fever. Most of my time has been spent taking afternoon naps, watching too much cable, flipping through magazines and voraciously reading, averaging on one book per day. I'm not into the academia sort of reading list - dry, convoluting and plain boring.

Today I finished The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd because it was that good. Beautiful, earnest and clean prose is what I like. And nice quotable annotable stuff:

...typically you fell in love with something missing in yourself that you recognized in the other person...

God is the one whose center is everywhere and circumference is nowhere.

Right on.

So after church I went for a long overdue haircut [hair looks reminiscent of broomstick] and it's one of those nice therapeutic things that make you feel instantly better and lighter. Literally, a load off one's shoulders. Today's probably the best and most lucid I've felt ever since returning and I'm not dreadful and cranky for once.

rachel at 9:07 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment