rachel, unravelling

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

potsy potbellies

I am so stuffed - there was so much good food to eat today. I wasn't feeling that good still this morning, but took some medicine and went out anyways, to meet the lovely 6-foot something Genny. We tried the new dessert tapas at Bakerzin, they've got quite a spread so we started off at 3 just to experiment. I loved the banana pizza with cinnamon ice-cream the best! Bananas in syrup on a flaky crust with a spoon of ice-cream and topped with mint - lovely. The pistachio creme brulee wasn't that great though...I suppose pistachio gelato or pistachio not in its original nut form doesn't taste that great? The chocolate and hazelnut ice-cream with rice crisps wasn't too bad either. Unfortunately we didn't enjoy our main course very much because we decided to be adventurous and for once eat something else other than the bacon, ham and mushroom flaky pizza but seriously, I think that really tops the savoury food there.

I love going out with Genny because we operate pretty much on the same wavelength. We like the same TV shows, shops, and had the urge to go to Starbucks at the same time. I wish their peppermint mochas weren't seasonal though, they're fabulous!


OK, I'm really short.

Naturally, a meetup with her wouldn't be complete without shopping. Bags and sunnies were on the agenda. On Pedder has some gorgeous bags that unfortunately come with exorbitant price tags. I really liked the Mulberrys and Botkiers. Plus they had really cute shoes too.

I tried on a pair of Dior aviators that would have been perfect if not for the way too bling frames. I didn't quite like the crystal studded Diors on both sides. Same for Chanel, the wraparounds were great save for the interlocking Cs on the sides that were a tad too big - don't really like such blatant display. The sunglasses display at Chanel is amazing though - they had two columns, floor to ceiling of sunglasses. Plus, the service was so impeccable.


Outside Tag Heuer. The display of tennis balls was really cool.

Tonight, my mom made fettucine for dinner, and then we had strawberries and soyabean milk. She also made hashima for dessert. After lunch I felt incredibly bloated. After dinner I just laid down on the bed, folded some clothes and talked to my mom because I was that full.

I am going to have to stay home and rest the next few days, and write poetry feverishly, while waiting for my temperature to drop, and for heaven's sake not go up again.

rachel at 10:19 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment