rachel, unravelling

Thursday, December 15, 2005

baubling

Putting up the Christmas tree is a treacherous affair.

Dragging the box out from the storeroom requires me to lift up miscellaneous items like hardware stuff and boxes of shoes, and it's such a drag arranging everything back in again. The ornaments sit high up in a cupboard, where I can only reach it tiptoeing on a chair. I poke about with my fingers and risk getting bonked on the head by a box containing a tall glass vase and a laptop case and a plastic bag I later open to find contains small and giant acorns. The former is for the tree, the latter my parents probably picked up in Europe. Kinda reminds me of the first time I saw maple leaves, and I scooped up some from the sidewalk [sounds v country-bumpkinish] to bring home and press in my Webster's, where they still are.

It takes me about an hour, with some reluctant help from my bro, to get the tree up and festoon it with ornaments. My mom comes home this evening with new ornaments and decides she just wants to have that bronze and gold colour scheme so she takes mostly everything down save for the acorns and whatever gold stuff and hangs up the new ones. Geez.

Today I wake up late and dawdle, unsure of whether I want to go out or not. In the end I do, making my way to Holland V, which is still relatively empty before noon. I find myself quietly smiling, and have no idea why, but I suppose I do like it there alot. I shop a bit, find lotsa lovely stuff from Antipodean but nowhere to wear it to, and end up at Da Paolo's Gastronomia.

It's hard making up my mind on what to buy when I'm there, because I feel like I want almost everything, so I've decided to buy something off my list of things to try everytime I'm there. I ended up with apple crostata [ looks like a strudel, very filling ] , a chocolate croissant and doughnut. Naturally when I get home my bro gets very covetuous towards the chocolate stuff. He insists on trying everything and tells me I should have bought more. I guess.

It's getting to be a bad but a very enjoyable habit - online shopping almost everyday this week.

rachel at 11:38 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment