rachel, unravelling

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Eve

We went to my aunt's place [my mom's side of the family] for potluck. It was so strange cuz my mom was asked to cook mee siam, which is so un-Christmassy, but at least there was turkey. I didn't end up eating much cuz there wasn't much space to sit but I really liked the cheesecake. I'm not close at all to this side of the family but ended up chilling with my bro and later some cousins and got terrorised by a much younger one.

After that we went to church for midnight mass. We reached at 11-ish but it was quite packed downstairs already and listening to the carolling before the service started. I drank espresso before that but halfway through I felt very sleepy. People actually dozed off! Oddly enough when I went home I had trouble sleeping. :/

Christmas

It's our tradition every year to open our presents when we wake up on Christmas morning.

It was about 10-ish already, and I was halfway through breakfast when my mom made me help her with the turkey stuffing.

After that we made minced pies. I have no idea why they call the filling minced meat when it consists of fruits and nuts soaked in rum. It's incredibly easy to make and I now know how to make filo pastry. *beams*

Dinner was heaps of fun cuz we're closer to my dad's side. I had my mom's turkey, raisin rice, ham, and garlic bread. I didn't want to touch the lamb because usually I find it's got a funny smell but my parents loved it so much. Drank a lot too but not much of the alcoholic kind. Only one glass of champagne and a few sips of red wine! I was sooo [unusually] disciplined and turned down more alcohol cuz I hate getting red-faced. Instead I had heaps of watermelon juice and one cuppa espresso. The minced pies were deeelish with vanilla ice-cream. :)

The whole family played Taboo after, the gals vs the guys. Of course the gals won! It's kinda like Pictionary but there's a list of words you can't use to describe the item, and it's so much fun when you have so many people playing.

I love my presents this year. Practical and very pretty. Hmm evidently, everyone knows I like pink! :)

But then, the best presents didn't come wrapped up in shiny paper and ribbons.

Boxing Day

Post-Christmas sales...eep. I don't like crowds but I was accompanying my mom, and I had to exchange some shirts for my cousin cuz I bought them in the wrong size. I was so tired that I came back and slept till 6-ish. There goes the whole day, and regrettably too.

Now that the whole festive period's over there isn't anything to look forward to. Blub:(

rachel at 8:50 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment