rachel, unravelling

Saturday, December 24, 2005

the eve

Sleepy.

It is one hour before I leave for Christmas dinner with the family. But it feels like any other Saturday, except it is a waterlogged one. Somehow, the drainage system in my condo is choked or screwed up. It rained cows earlier and there was thunder and lightning which made for a potent combination I do not like.

When I reached my house I was cursing and swearing because there was so much water everywhere. At the entrance where the road slopes up the water was up to my ankles and I could do nothing but wade through it. And things got worse - the other paths were flooded too and the grass looked like fricking paddy fields. And the tennis court is well on its way to become a swimming pool. I was near completely drenched, my jeans and sandals ruined. Arghhh. Does it happen to anyone else's house?!

*breathes*

I am well on my way to stuffing myself full with good food this holiday. Fly and I went to Holland V and had pizza at, well, Spizza and I was ravenous having not had breakfast because I woke up so late. I also ended up with lemon chocolate cupcakes from Da Paolo's because all my other favourites had sold out.

OK I'm going to try to be excited and happy about what's to come...

and find something nice and dry to wear.

rachel at 5:53 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment