rachel, unravelling

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

love is just a four letter word

This word
is far too short for us, it has only
four letters, too sparse
to fill those deep bare
vacuums between the stars
that press on us with their deafness.
It's not love we don't wish
to fall into, but that fear.
this word is not enough but it will
have to do. It's a single
vowel in this metallic
silence, a mouth that says
O again and again in wonder
and pain, a breath, a finger
grip on a cliffside. You can
hold on or let go.

- margaret atwood, "variations on the word love"

J'aime ca.

I felt like a tourist in my own country today, and discovered free shuttle bus rides from the mrt station to the shopping mall to be rather fun because you get to soak in the sights.

I wouldn't have discovered Candy Empire otherwise. It's not quite my ultimate candy fantasy come true, but it drove me into a tizzy nonetheless. It was just shelves upon shelves of chips, cookies, chocolate, and candaay. Alliteration unintentional, but there were just so many different brands and flavours and colour all promising something to whet your appetite or cure your craving. I instinctively wanted to reach for some shortbread and cookies but the thought of not being able to eat it at the moment made me leave empty handed. The shop will still be there next time anyways. :)

Instead, I settled for Gelare's waffles with ice-cream. I figured it's a safe enough bet to satisfy my sweet tooth without upsetting the system. Speaking of which, I've run out of medicine already and I'm still not 100% yet.

Just finished doing some work for my dad and my eyes feel strained. I'm the kinda person who sits at the computer, types away furiously and doesn't budge until I'm done. :/ Now I'm gonna read and sketch some before bed.

rachel at 11:32 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment