rachel, unravelling

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

nomenclature

I am tutoring a kid in English.

Her mom is a florist and her shop is located in town.

When I asked the girl for her name, she told me her Chinese one, which I found odd cuz her mother had a Christian name.

Today, while flipping through the assessment books, I found out that she did have one too.

Only that she was named after a flower, and I'm not talking about something like Lily or Rose.

x

Last night, I was watching EPL with the bro. We were alternating between the Man U and Liverpool matches, because the Man U game wasn't very exciting.

"Your alter ego," I pointed out as we watched Peter Crouch get yellow carded for attempting to bust up some dude.

"No, Darren Fletcher is my alter ego, have you not seen him close up?" my bro insists.

Both lanky, and my brother does bear some resemblance to them, but Fletcher clearly is the cuter of the two.

I paused and thought for a bit before asking, "If I were a football player, who would I be?"

His response: "Cristiano Ronaldo. Because everytime you get fouled you fall down easily and start complaining."

Say what?! I think I've become more of the confrontational sort a la Rooney, but sans the volatility.

rachel at 11:20 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment