rachel, unravelling

Saturday, December 10, 2005

a nose for prose

Tonight I am engrossed in a suspense thriller, reading really closely to see if I can pick up any clues and piece together the whole story...but the writer has an uncanny ability to fit in all these details and think up all these plot twists, so it's quite beyond me. I also have a stash of magazines to be flipped through. All this makes for a nice quiet evening.

I got myself an early Christmas present today, Stila's Jade Blossom perfume. I usually love flowery scents, but this one is different - green tea, cucumber and verbena. It's sooo fresh. I like verbena alot anyway. I am eyeing Lovely by SJP and Chance by Chanel too. But yes, scents are expensive and it would be more worth it to say, buy a bag or something.

Went to the tailor with my mom this afternoon and while waiting for her to be fitted and my stuff to be altered, we read some Japanese fashion magazines the tailor had. Apparently she's got alotta Japanese clients. I was flipping through and practically everything inside was so sophisticated and gorgeous! It's stylish without being too trendy. Plus the Japanese girls are all so immaculately groomed. Something to work towards, I suppose? Mainly, I love the clothes and the shoes. Ahh...heaps of ideas there and I wish I understood the words as well.

Alrighty gonna raid the kitchen for some midnight snacks before curling in bed with my wicked read. :)

rachel at 11:45 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment