rachel, unravelling

Monday, December 12, 2005

old school nora ephron...

You know what's on my mind right now?

This lovely classic of a movie.

" I like to start my notes to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we're the oldest and dearest friends.

... What will he say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer, I wait impatiently as it boots up. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've Got Mail.

I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you."

This is such a 180-degree turn from how I've been feeling the past 2 days.

It takes so little to make me happy.

I know I'm not gonna waltz on a cloud of bliss, so as Mel says just savor the moment and dance around my room instead of acting on my impulse to run out of the house and jump into the pool (lol).

Yes, it'd be right to say that I know some things are almost impossible because of the circumstances. So rationally I had to give up hope, despite the fleeting visions [more like delusions] of better things.

But, since life can be so unpredictable, every so often a little surprise comes along to brighten up my day and warm my heart even when I feel like shit has been poured onto my head.

There's just so many things I would love to say that I didn't because we had too many things to talk about.

rachel at 11:48 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment