rachel, unravelling

Friday, December 23, 2005

on the eve of the eve

In the midst of the hectic rush leading up to Christmas, the true spirit of the holiday is often forgotten.

I have been to town every single day of this week for assorted reasons - meeting up with friends, school-related meetings, christmas shopping, and I am thoroughly pooped. I'd rather stay at home, curl up in bed with a book or watch cable, instead of braving hazardous conditions - traffic jams, screaming children who run everywhere and sprawl inconveniently on the floor, long queues, too many people who walk too slowly and talk too loudly. I found myself with a shopping-induced headache today, but at long last my Christmas shopping is finito!

I came home to a nice fat package sent by Bel that was filled with my Christmas presents to myself. :)

Another nice thing, I got the timetable I wanted for next semester. Now hoping to get the electives I want.

There are presents to wrap and cookies to make but I'm feeling slightly cranky because of, arghhh, some rude and mean people who dampened my spirits. And maybe a little selfish too - after running errands for other people who aren't thankful for it at all and my phone ringing to the point of me cringing at my ringtone I just want to be left alone for awhile.

I don't have scrooge-ish tendencies, I'm just tired. Glad, though, that I got to meet up with a good number of friends, catch up with them before school starts and have a good time in general.

rachel at 9:57 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment