rachel, unravelling

Saturday, January 07, 2006

panfried

Dinner tonight was prepared by yours truly. Mom's not in sg, my bro's gone to stay at my cousins', so it's just dad and me. Since he's been so tired out from work lately I thought I'd do all the cooking, after all he did say he'd eat whatever I cooked.

So armed with a cooking magazine I made breaded pork cutlets. Then I made my usual omelette and threw in chicken sausage, shitake mushrooms and mozarella cheese. My dad chopped up some japanese cucumbers to balance out the meal and the heatiness. And it was all good. :)

I love cooking. The chopping/slicing/dicing, the meticulous measuring with measuring spoons and cups, the rich aromas that fill the kitchen (like curry!), the sound of onions and garlic hissing in the pan, watching raw pinks turn to golden browns and sometimes, plain experimenting with food.

My wisdom tooth is freaking hurting again!! It's like a sporadic thing, I'm just wondering when this will stop.

Tomorrow: [my favourite of all] baking!

rachel at 11:14 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment