rachel, unravelling

Saturday, March 25, 2006

last year on march 25 it was good friday. that day is still startingly clear in my mind. i remember going out to meet angela and karen for my early birthday lunch at menotti's. i had walked from dover to buona vista mrt in the hopes of flagging a cab (to no avail) because the train service was terminated (accident) and the buses were packed. finally after a long while i managed to book a cab and turned up flustered and unfashionably late. i remember the desserts very well...they have kept me going back there ever since.

more importantly i guess, was the pleasantest surprise i had on my way home, after my friends and i had parted after lunch. nothing exciting hardly ever happens in my life anyway. everything connected to that since just feels so surreal. and now, it all seems so far away, like in a previous lifetime. some things you remember so well because you know you will never experience them again.

i remember the light drizzle and walking under a clear blue sky. i was wearing pink, as is the case more often than not. it later poured buckets, but nothing could dampen my excitement and enthusiasm. i guess that surprise was the icing on my birthday cake.

a year has passed, expectations have failed, disappointments have left me embittered, hopes and dreams have been dashed...and one is left thinking what's there left to live for, without any ounce of passion and zest for life. people change, but are we closer to who we want to be, or have we gone off on a tangent? i guess i'm further away, primarily due to my rosetinted perspectives. but at least now i know there's still a lot to live for, even if i do not know what it is. it doesn't take alot to remind me of what keeps me going.

rachel at 11:47 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment